Saturday, November 10, 2012

Save Some Green: New Urbanism

An Interesting Idea to save the planet: New Urbanism

Plan Communities for functional living, walking distance to all needed places and more open spaces for parks, wild life and conservation.

As I can see from the message boards there is lots of controvercy around this idea & I will have to explore further - But I do like the Idea of planning living areas for better use of the resoruces, fuel and space- as well as encouraging WALKING/BIKING as primary transportation instead of cars.
  I would love to ride my bike to and from work each day, but every time I try this I nearly get hit by a car on the narrow, crumbling roads.  Our roads are just not setup to be safe for long distance walking/biking to destinations around suburban towns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VGJt_YXIoJI

No comments:

Post a Comment