Saturday, November 3, 2012

My Trip West: Part 6: Joshua Tree National Park

Joshua Tree National Park is a yoga destination.  Each year thousands of yogis gather in this area for a week long yoga convention.  The warm dry desert air, unusual trees and graceful rock piles create the perfect location for a yoga gathering.  The energy surrounding Joshua Tree is that of playfulness and creativity.  The perfect area to expand your practice. 
We drove into Joshua Tree from Pheonix and arrived as the sun was setting.  We were met with the most amazing night sky of our entire 2 week trip (and our entire life).  The moon was bright enough that we could walk around without the need for artificial light, yet the sky was dark enough to see the milkyway stretch across the sky.  I laid on top of the picnic table at our campsite, looking around at the outline of amazing rock piles and spikey trees illuminated by moonlight.  I marvled at the most amazing stary sky I had ever seen.  I did not want to go to sleep that night - but I needed my rest to play among the Joshua Trees for our last day on the west coast.






No comments:

Post a Comment