Monday, August 26, 2013

CSA with Jah's Creation - Local Organic Farm

Community Supported Agriculture: South Jersey I drive past several small farms on my way to work each day - so when I heard that one of those farms offered an Organic CSA program I jumped at the chance to have my produce delivered! Our yoga studio organized a group of about 15 participants so the farm could drop off the produce in one stop (instead of individual deliveries). Every Other week we are surprised by the selection of pruduce in the box and at times it has been an education in new types of veggies i've never tried - but that is part of the fun. When there is a mystery veggy in my box i hop on google and figure out what to do with it, or I check Jahs Creation facebook page where they frequently post recipes. It has helped to expand my awareness of pruduce and even improved my cooking skills (a little :p ) Now each day as i drive past the farm I say hi to my future produce and smile because you cant get much more LOCAL than that! www.Jahscreation.com Looking forward to the Winter CSA!

No comments:

Post a Comment