Sunday, August 19, 2012

Morning Mantra: 1 "I've never met this Morning"

When we start our yoga practice setting an intention can help us to deepen our practice - the same goes for our day.  Setting an intention or an attitude first thing in the morning can help us to be more mindful throughout the rest of the day. 
Here is a Morning Mantra I really like from Manduka:

I've never met this Morning.
We've never shaken hands.
Or hugged awkwardly.
Or looked into each other's eyes.
I've never experienced this very hour.
Or felt this very sunshine touch my skin.
Golden. Healing. Warm.
The birds. The breeze. My breath.
All are new.
Each ushers in never imagined intentions
and never dreamed of possibilities...
So I choose to live this day,
while also Honoring tomorrow.

I will live, laugh, love
I will ground my feet on th earth
I will stretch my palms to the sky
and i will say...

Hello day!
I like you.
I am so happy that we've met!

No comments:

Post a Comment