Sunday, September 30, 2012

How I got my Start: Denise Austin Yoga

My first experience with yoga was during the summer before I left for college.  I purchased 2 Denise Austin Video Tapes to use in my dorm room to keep the freshman 15 away.  After getting half way through the first tape I stopped it thinking how strange this exercise was.  But when I woke up the next day I could feel that it had done something to muscles in my hips and legs that I had never felt before.  I decided to give the tapes another try.  Before long I was using the tapes 3x/week for several months.  By that point I was hooked.  Like most Yogis I started my Journey into Yoga for the physical aspect and I wasnt really aware of the other parts of Yoga.  It wasnt until I started a serious practice in a studio setting that I began to discover how much more a yoga practice has to offer.
But after 9 years as a yogi I have Denise Austin to thank for my first exposure to yoga!  Thanks Denise!

No comments:

Post a Comment